The United Daughters of the Confederacy is the outgrowth of many local memorial, monument, and Confederate home associations and auxiliaries to camps of United Confederate Veterans that were organized after the War Between the States. It is the oldest patriotic organization in our country because of its connection with two statewide organizations that came into existence as early as 1890 - the Daughters of the Confederacy (DOC) in Missouri and the Ladies' Auxiliary of the Confederate Soldiers Home in Tennessee. 

The National Association of the Daughters of the Confederacy was organized in Nashville, TN, on September 10, 1894 by founders Mrs. Caroline Meriwether Goodlett of Nashville and Mrs. Anna Davenport Raines of Georgia. At its second meeting in Atlanta, GA in 1895, the Organization changed its name to United Daughters of the Confederacy and was incorporated under the laws of the District of Columbia on July 18, 1919. 

Membership is open to women no less than 16 years of age who are blood descendants, lineal or collateral, of men and women who served honorably in the Army, Navy, or Civil Service of the Confederate States of America, or gave material aid to the Cause. 

For more information regarding the history of the Organization, please visit our General website: www.hqudc.org